I am a prideful man whose pride is often revealed to me in my anger toward others. God is convicting me of this and calling me to repentance. I am finding the following resources helpful in addressing this sin in my own heart. If you struggle with this sin, I’m sure they will prove helpful to you as well.
- 30 Bible Verses About Anger
- “The Healing of Anger” Proverbs 14:29-30 (A sermon by Tim Keller)
- “The Root of Sinful Anger” (An interview with David Powlison)
- “A Pride Test” (40 diagnostic questions to expose pride by Nancy Leigh DeMoss)
- “What Our Anger is Telling Us” (an article by Jonathan Parnell)
- “7 practices to heal your angry heart” (an article by Daryl Crouch)
- “Pride is Poisoning Your Happiness” (an article by Jonathon Woodyard)
- A Small Book About a Big Problem (a book by Ed Welch including 50 short devotionals to be read daily in the battle against anger)
- A letter from Anne Dutton on the subject of pride (convicting letter with fourteen points on pride by the brilliant poet and theologian, Anne Dutton, 1692-1765)
“God, be merciful to me, a sinner!” I’m sure that I will be returning to these links again and again in a lifelong battle against the sin of pride and anger.
If you know of any other resources that have proven helpful to you in this struggle, please add in the comment section below.