I’m preparing to leave for Jackson, TN tomorrow for the conference “Southern Baptists, Evangelicals, and the Future of Denominationalism” which is being hosted by Union University. I will be blogging live from the conference. I plan to post my immediate reactions to the sessions here on this site, while posting my reflections on each day of the conference on the website of the Andrew Fuller Center for Baptist Studies. I will also be providing updates from the conference using my Twitter (@steveweaver) and Facebook (www.facebook.com/pastorsteveweaver) accounts. The conference hashtag for Twitter is #uuconf.
The schedule for the conference is as follows:
Tuesday, October 6
- 5:00 p.m. Ed Stetzer: Denominationalism: Is There a Future?
- 7:00 p.m. Jim Patterson: Reflections on 400 Years of the Baptist Movement: Who We Are. What We Believe.
Wednesday, October 7
- 8:30 a.m. Harry L. Poe: The Gospel and Its Meaning: Implications for Southern Baptists and Evangelicals
- 10:00 a.m. Timothy George: Baptists and Their Relations with Other Christians (G. M. Savage Chapel)
- Noon Luncheon Address – Duane Litfin: The Future of American Evangelicalism
- 2:00 p.m. Ray Van Neste: The Oversight of Souls: Pastoral Ministry in Southern Baptist and Evangelical Life
- 7:00 p.m. Corporate Worship: Robert Smith, preaching, (G. M. Savage Chapel)
Thursday, October 8
- 8:30 a.m. Mark DeVine: Emergent or Emerging: Questions for Southern Baptists and North American Evangelicals
- 10:00 a.m. Daniel Akin: The Future of the Southern Baptist Convention
- Noon Luncheon Address – Michael Lindsay: Denominationalism and the Changing Religious Landscape in North America
- 2:00 p.m. Jerry Tidwell: Missions and Evangelism: Awakenings and Their Influence on Southern Baptists and Evangelicals
- 6:00 p.m. Banquet
- 7:00 p.m. David S. Dockery: So Many Denominations: The Rise and Decline of Denominationalism and the Shaping of a Global Evangelicalism
Friday, October 9
- 8:30 a.m. Nathan Finn: Southern Baptists and Evangelicals: Passing on the Faith to the Next Generation
- 10:00 a.m. R. Albert Mohler, Jr.: Southern Baptists, Evangelicals, and the Future of Denominationalism (G. M. Savage Chapel)