Although I personally to prepare a message from God’s Word at least three times a week, there is still nothing like hearing someone else preach the Bible faithfully. Along with listening to the usual suspects of John Piper, John MacArthur, C. J. Mahaney, etc., another way that I seek to be challenged by God’s Word on a regular basis is the preaching ministry featured in the chapels of my alma mater SBTS.
A couple of recent messages have been a blesssing:
- Erwin Lutzer, pastor of the Moody Church in Chicago, IL on “Surviving the Storms of Life” Matthew 14:22-33
- Hershael York, professor of preaching at SBTS, an inspiring message on when God delays John 11:1-16
Also, Dr. R. Albert Mohler Jr.’s SBTS Chapel Series on the Apostle’s Creed is continuing:
- “Credo: I Believe”
- “God the Father Almighty”
- “Maker of Heaven and Earth”
- “Jesus Christ, His Only Son, Our Lord”
Although, not preached in chapel Dr. Russell Moore’s Sunday School Series at his local church on the Book of Hebrews promises to be an excellent series:
Other sources for great messages include the Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary Chapel Archive (features both audio and video) and the Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary Chapel Archive.