Here are some creatures I ran over this week. They were good!
- Ann Coulter’s article on Jerry Falwell’s passing is good stuff. Teaser:
From the news coverage of Falwell’s death, I began to suspect his first name was “Whether You Agree With Him or Not.”
Even Falwell’s fans, such as evangelist Billy Graham and former President Bush, kept throwing in the “We didn’t always agree” disclaimer. Did Betty Friedan or Molly Ivins get this many “I didn’t always agree with” qualifiers on their deaths? And when I die, if you didn’t always agree with me, would you mind keeping it to yourself?
Let me be the first to say: I ALWAYS agreed with the Rev. Falwell.
- Check out this “free online touch typing speed test“. On my third attempt I scored 66 wpm with no errors. (HT: Timmy Brister)
- My brother returned to blogging after a brief hiatus.
- Jonathan Moorhead spoke at our church while in East Tennessee last weekend.
- My dad started a very promising series of posts on a man named Ranulfo Coto. He lived in a remote village in Mexico with only a Bible, but he proved to be more orthodox in his beliefs than many missionaries!
- I recently read Breaking the Missional Code by Ed Stezer and David Putman. My friend Jeff Wright also read it and posted a review with which I am in basic agreement. Given that I have been to lazy to write a review myself, please read Jeff’s review and attribute it to me. :)