I am beginning a new sermon series on the Gospel of Matthew this Sunday morning at West Broadway Baptist Church of Lenoir City. What commentaries do you recommend? I currently have the following:
- Matthew (NAC) by Craig L. Blomberg
- The Gospel of Matthew (2 volumes) by James Montgomery Boice
- Commentary on Matthew by John A. Broadus
- God With Us: Themes from Matthew by D. A. Carson
- Matthew (NTC) by William Hendriksen
- A Commentary on the Gospel of Matthew by Craig S. Keener
- Matthew (4 volumes) by John F. MacArthur, Jr.
- The Gospel According to Matthew by G. Campbell Morgan
- The Gospel According to Matthew by Leon Morris
- Matthew (NIBC) by Robert H. Mounce
- The Gospel of Matthew (NIGTC) by John Nolland
- Studies in Matthew (3 volumes) by Joseph Parker
Any suggestions? Which of these have been most helpful to you?