Below is my schedule for 2012. I will update this itinerary if/when any new events are scheduled. If you would like to invite me to speak at your event, please contact me with the details of your event and I will be thrilled to consider the possibility.
Every Sunday morning at 10:45 am and Sunday evening at 6:30 pm (unless otherwise noted on the schedule below), I will be preaching in the pulpit of Farmdale Baptist Church of Frankfort, KY.
Every Wednesday night at 6:30 pm (unless otherwise noted on the schedule below), I will be leading a Bible study at our church’s prayer meeting.
Future Events (2012)
- Wednesday, July 11th – Saturday, July 14th: Presenting a paper at International Conference on Baptist Studies VI on ”Baptists as Puritans: How Seventeenth-Century London Particular Baptists Viewed Themselves” at Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary in Wake Forest, NC.
- Friday, September 21st – Saturday, September 22nd: Coordinating the 6th annual Andrew Fuller Conference on “Andrew Fuller and His Friends” at Southern Baptist Theological Seminary in Louisville, KY.
- Wednesday, October 24th: Coordinating an Andrew Fuller Center mini-conference celebrating the bicentennial of Adoniram and Ann Judson’s departure from America.
- Thursday, October 25th – Saturday, October 27th: Speaking at the Annual Reformation Day Conference (PDF flyer) of the Reformed Bible Church of Rutland, VT.
- Sunday, October 28th: Preaching twice in the AM service which starts at 9:30 am at the Reformed Bible Church of Rutland, VT.
- Wednesday, November 14th – Friday, November 16th: Attending the annual meeting of the Evangelical Theological Society in Milwaukee, WI. Presenting paper on “The Puritan Argument for the Immersion of Believers: How Seventeenth-Century Baptists Utilized the Regulative Principle of Worship.”
- Thursday, February 15th – Saturday, February 17th: Attended the second annual Baptist Identity Conference at Union University, Jackson TN.
- Sunday, March 4th – Wednesday, March 7th: Preached in Bible Conference at Way of Life Baptist Church, Titusville FL (Thanks Dad!).
- Friday, March 9th – Saturday, March 10th: Attended and presented paper on “John Calvin’s Use of the Cappadocians” at the Southeast Regional Meeting of the Evangelical Theological Society in Marianna FL.
- Sunday, March 11th: Preached at Way of Life Baptist Church, Titusville FL.
- Monday, April 2nd: Attended “Power in the Pulpit” conference at Southern Seminary, Louisville, KY.
- Sunday, June 10th – Wednesday, June 13th: Attended the Southern Baptist Convention’s Pastors Conference and Annual Meeting in San Antonio TX.
- Monday, July 9th – Friday, July 13th: Taught Adult Vacation Bible School Class at Vaughn Chapel Baptist Church in Lenoir City, TN. Topics included: What Christians Believe, What Muslims Believe, What Mormons Believe, What Jehovah Witnesses Believe, What Word of Faith Pentecostals Believe. Each session examined the respective religion’s teachings on God, Jesus, the Scriptures, and Salvation with a view toward sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ with individuals blinded by a religious system.
- Wednesday, August 1st – Friday, August 3rd: Attended the “Baptist History Celebration” in Charleston SC. Presented short paper on the devotional literature of Hercules Collins (during Dr. Haykin’s parallel session on “Baptist Devotional Literature” on Friday afternoon).
- Monday, August 27th – Tuesday, August 28th: Attended the “Andrew Fuller the Reader” Conference hosted at Southern Seminary, Louisville KY.
- Tuesday, August 28th (2:30-3:30 pm): Participated in book-signing with Dr. Michael Haykin at the SBTS LifeWay Campus Store.
- Monday, November 12th – Wednesday, November 14th: Attended the Tennessee Baptist Convention’s Pastors Conference and Annual Meeting in Kingsport TN.
- Sunday, March 2nd – Wednesday, March 5th: Preaching in Bible Conference at Way of Life Baptist Church in Titusville, FL.
- Sunday, April 13th: Last Sunday as pastor of West Broadway Baptist Church in Lenoir City, TN.
- Tuesday, April 15th: Attended Band of Bloggers event in Louisville, KY.
- Tuesday, April 15th – Thursday, April 17th: Attended Together for the Gospel conference in Louisville, KY.
- Sunday, April 27th: Began ministry at Farmdale Baptist Church in Frankfort, KY.
- Sunday, June 8th – Monday, June 9th: Attended SBC Pastor’s Conference in Indianapolis, IN.
- Tuesday, June 10th – Wednesday, June 11th: Attended Southern Baptist Convention Annual Meeting in Indianapolis, IN.
- Monday, August 26th – Tuesday, August 27th: Presented paper on “Hercules Collins and The Temple Repair’d: Baptists and theological education in the 17th century” at the 2008 Conference of the Andrew Fuller Center at The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary.
- Wednesday, November 19th-Friday, November 21st: Attended the annual meeting of the Evangelical Theological Society in Providence, RI.
- Friday, April 3 – Saturday, April 4: Presented a paper at the Southeast Regional Meeting of the Evangelical Theological Society in Chattanooga, TN on “Hercules Collins and An Orthodox Catechism.”
- Friday, April 10th at 10:00 am: Preached in “Good Friday” Service at Stewart Home School, Frankfort, KY.
- Friday, April 10th at 6:30 pm: Preached in “Good Friday” Service at Farmdale Baptist Church, Frankfort, KY.
- Saturday, May 16: Hosted the conference “The Holy Spirit and Ourselves” with Dr. Michael A.G. Haykin at Farmdale Baptist Church.
- Monday, May 18 – Tuesday, May 19: Attended the FIRE National Conference in Indianapolis, IN.
- Sunday, June 21 – Wednesday, June 24: Attended the SBC Pastor’s Conference and Annual Meeting.
- Monday, August 24 – Tuesday, August 25: Presented a paper on “Piety in 17th Century Baptist Pastoral Ministry As Seen in Three Funeral Sermons” at the 2009 Conference of the Andrew Fuller Center at The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary.
- Tuesday, October 6 – Friday, October 9: Attended “Southern Baptists, Evangelicals, and the Future of Denominationalism” at Union University in Jackson, TN.
- Monday, October 26: Preached at the annual meeting of the Franklin Baptist Association to be held at Crestwood Baptist Church, Frankfort, KY.
- Wednesday, November 18 – Friday, November 20: Attended the annual meeting of the Evangelical Theological Society in New Orleans, LA.
- June 12-June 15: Attended SBC Pastor’s Conference and Annual Meeting in Phoenix, AZ.
- Sunday, July 24 (AM & PM): Preached at Addyston Baptist Church in Addyston, OH.
- September 3-15: Doctoral Research trip to London, UK.
- November 14: Spoke at J. H. Spencer Historical Society Meeting held at First Baptist Church of Florence, KY on ”Ambrose Dudley (1750-1825): A Forgotten Founder of Kentucky Baptists.”
- November 28-December 2: Taught “History of Missions” at the Center for Pioneer Church Planting of To Every Tribe ministries in Harlingen, TX.
- Good Friday, April 6th: Preached at Good Friday service at Stewart Home School in Frankfort, KY.
- Tuesday, April 10th – Thursday, April 12th: Attended Together for the Gospel conference in Louisville, KY.
- Wednesday, April 18th: Spoke at Andrew Fuller Center mini-conference on “Baptists and 1662: The Persecution of John Norcott and Hercules Collins” at Southern Baptist Theological Seminary in Louisville, KY.